Eating while doing tractor things sort of ramble (was)RE: [AT]Speaking of Harbor Freight

Kiser, Rick rkiser at islandhospital.org
Fri Feb 20 09:37:07 PST 2004

I was on a THT (tractor hauling trip) to Yakima and pulled into a café to get something to eat. I noticed the parking lot was almost full of the stockrack type pickups and when I went in there were about a dozen guys eating breakfast, not a one under 300 pounds. I figured I might be in over my head, but I ordered *one* pancake, a couple of eggs and bacon.
The pancake looked like a sheetcake from Costco with enough real butter to lube an 830 John Deere, I pretty sure the eggs were ostrich and roughly half a hog was hiding under it all. After eating the eggs, bacon and about a quarter of the sheetcake, I may not have looked like my fine dining companions, but I sure felt like them.
The waitress was awesome, it was pleasure to watch her in action. She was about 60 yrs old, skinny and not a single wasted motion, pure competence in orthopedic shoes.
All for $4.50 with coffee and orange juice.

RickinNW-WA