[AT] restoring tractor lights

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Wed Feb 18 07:16:04 PST 2004

One good trick I learned when restoring the lights for my
A-C C was to soak the lens in muratic acid for a few days.
You won't believe how ckean they will come. The old rusty
discoloration comes right off and they look new again. As
for the reflectors they are pricey to replate if needed.
There are companies that do this resilvering but it is
not cheap. I used some nevrdull and polished the dulled
silver a little bit. Be careful as the silver is VERY
thin and will polish right off :)

Rob