[AT] Generator vs. Alternator

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 09:12:24 PST 2004

With respect to the aircraft engine -- it is common practice to "run up" a
few seconds before shutting down.  Although I was taught to do this on the
basis of "clearing out" the engine, I don't really know how beneficial the
practice may be.  Don't recall ever being told it related to the changing
system.

Bob Holtzer