[AT] Generator vs. Alternator

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 09:10:16 PST 2004

More output at lower engine RPM is a major benefit.  Also the use of
constant brush contact instead of segmented armature contact lengthens
brush life substantially.  Possibly the winding of the armature is less
costly for an alternator than generator?  Will be interested in more
knowledgeable comments!

Bob Holtzer