[Farmall] Woods Mower I.D.

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 29 03:43:30 PST 2004

Well, I finally got around to measuring my mower, and I still can't identify
it.  According to the chart, below,

WOODS MOWER MODEL IDENTIFCATION CHART
WOODS Mower Model    Identification Features
42     42" Cut, Single Spindle, rotating clockwise, RH discharge, single
belt drive
L42    42" cut, Single Spindle, rotating counter clockwise, LH discharge,
single belt drive
59    5'cut, 3 spindle, clockwise rotation, RH discharge, 3 groove center
pulley
L59    5'cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, single
belt
L306     6' cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, 3
groove center pulley, single belt
L503    5'cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, single
belt

When I measured, I came up with a deck that is 60" (5' Cut) wide in the
front, 25" long on the side and it has three spindles.  I forgot to check
for counter or clockwise motion.  Also, when you count spindles, does that
include center pulley or not?  I assumed yes, and I think my center pulley
is three grooves.  It is a right-hand discharge.  So I believe that you may
have it, when you said an L-59 Jim.  What is the "A" designation in your
guess of L59-A (Does that just mean Model A??)?.

Do all agree??  Thanks, Troy in PA