[AT] Ford "N" sleeves

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 18:45:06 PST 2004

--- Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Bo. Gene Dotson suggested the same thing,
> and I think I will
> give it a try, as I certainly have nothing to lose.
>
> Question: can I get away with using my wire welder,
> or should I go with
> the stick welder? And if I go with stick, what kind
> of rod would I use?
> (I am not much of a welder, so this will be a real
> challenge!)
>
> Mike
Mike, anything will work.  Just don't burn through and
try to get as hot as you can.  Let cool naturaly or
use water.  All you are doing is shrinking the liner
when it cools.  Works on bearing races also, they
darned near jump out.  Nice thing is if it doesn't
work the first time (99.44% success rate BTW), you can
always do it again without fear of hurting a thing.
Oh yeah, beauty doesn't count here, don't even need
(or really want) penetration.  Have fun!

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan
The older I get the less I look forward to winter.