[AT] Heater Review

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 26 09:44:48 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Francis Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Cheap-Shelters_ <cheap-shelters at yahoogroups.com>; FRL List
<FrugalRuralLiving at yahoogroups.com>; Untitled-1
<100AcreFarming at yahoogroups.com>; A.T.I.S. <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 9:51 AM
Subject: [AT] Heater Review

> I recently bought one of those small LP heaters sold as "Mr. Heater"
portable Buddy heater.
> http://www.mrheater.com/productdetail.asp?id=678

I'm fortunate to have a good working heater in an airtight cab on my combine
but I have really appreciated my kerosene forced air heater in the few years
I have had it. You'd need a pretty long extension cord to use it in a
combine but for the purposes I required it for I have made good use of it.
Its the real thing to thaw out an old tractor (or new) engine block when
its -30 or so outside. As long as you can plug in to electricity and get the
heat blast directed on the engine it will bring the temp up to summertime
levels and beyond.
I recently used it to start the long dormant John Deere AR by directing the
heat blast on the carburetor and intake manifold. Prior to that I used it to
start the 730 Case on those cold fall days when even the manifold pre-heater
was not enough. I'd just park the pickup truck near the tractor with the
space heater in the box. I had a ten foot length of heavy pipe that just fit
the outlet of the heater. This allowed me to direct heat on the tractor
engine without even unloading the heater from the truck. (Its fairly heavy
with a full tank of kerosene/heater fuel).
Mine looks a lot like this  http://www.mrheater.com/productdetail.asp?id=691

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/