[AJD] DB1234

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Fri Dec 24 13:14:47 PST 2004

The auction etiquette thread starts every once in a while on this list and,
if I recall, at greater length on the generic tractor and stationary engine
lists.

Good folks are all the way from your position to the one that says you never
bid knowingly against a friend.  My sentiments more closely match yours, to
the point of saying that a collusion on bidding ends up screwing the seller
who deserves to obtain fair value for the item.

I just make a point of not talking about things I'm watching on eBay if I'm
serious about bidding.  If it's a point of curiosity (and I've learned a lot
from those posts questioning the authenticity or even the identity of an
eBay item) I'll post and learn.  But if I plan to bid I'll just keep quiet
at least until it's over.  I've even  been known to ask what I just
bought...

This morning it was 31 below at my house at 7:20.  Now it is 9 above.
Pretty good range for 8 hours.

Merry Christmas, all!

B²
Chatfield, MN, USA