[AJD] DB1234 or DB1293 Parts Catalog CD

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Dec 23 16:02:09 PST 2004

Karl:

You may need to add more files than just the INDEX.pdf. I did mine so long
ago I don't remember the details but, as I recall, I had some trouble until
I copied all the files except for the outdated Adobe Acrobat Reader on the
CD.  Not sure about that anymore. It was more than a day ago so my
recollection may not be worth the powder to blow it up. :-)

Anyway I copied all the files off the CD except for the outdated Adobe
Reader.  I know it works that way.

JD didn't sell, as I recall, an all encompassing CD that had all the Vintage
Tractor SM's on it, but they did in the Garden Tractor arena. I believe it
took 6 CD's. An L & G original JD SM set was on eBay recently, may still be.

Now they burn a custom CD for whatever you want, OM's, SM's and PC's on to a
CD per your order. Gets over $100 real quick. The least expensive manual you
can buy from JD now on paper or CD is $30 each. Hopefully that enormous
profit will help convince JD to provide the service for awhile.

I'm sure glad I bought the DB CD's when I did. I know my rear end puckered
when I had to shell out the $75 each but in retrospect it was probably one
of my best purchases related to this rusty iron disease. The original CD's
are getting so expensive on eBay that I am tempted to just work with the
copies I have on my hard disk and back-up CD's!  And I can resist everything
but temptation!  :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door