[AJD] Tech Data Question

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 09:35:51 PST 2004

Mike,
This is SM2004.  When JD started issuing this type of service manual in 1947
they identified the manuals by the title and issue date.  However, by the
early '50's they had too many different manuals so started attaching numbers
to the manuals for identification.  When the B service manuals were first
issued they were not complete, with several sections listed as "coming".
But this one appears to be complete and in good shape.  The seller has good
feedback, and if you check the JD price for a xeroxed copy of a (xeroxed
copy of a ...) manual you can probably get this original for a reasonable
price (less than JD).  It probably won't be cheap, but is the best manual
you can get for working on your B.  I like the originals, as the greytones
in the pictures often provide good info made harder to see when copies are
made.  Note that other manuals cover electrical systems (SM2029),
carburetors (SM2024), and hydraulics (either SM2011 or its replacement
SM2050).
Duane Larson