[AJD] Looking downstream - Heat

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Tue Dec 21 07:33:52 PST 2004

Having read lots of other posts about loosening frozen nuts and bolts and
understand the three main ingredients are patience, penetrating oil and heat.  I
expect I'm going to be up against some of those hard to remove/loosen nuts & bolts
pretty soon and will need a heat source.  The best I have right now is a small
propane torch I purchased to make some plumbing repairs to copper pipe, but
suspect that it will either not be up to the task or not economical in the long run for
working on my B.  I have no welding skills, so I don't need one of the large gas
welding rigs... I don't think.  If I find I need to develop some welding/brazing skills I'll
upgrade to meet those needs.  In the meantime I think all I need is a good heat
source to apply to those frozen nuts and bolts and am looking for suggestions and
recommendations from the list.  If you think I'm being short sighted please say so
and recommend some more appropriate equipment.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Robert M. Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas