[AJD] Greetings / Fly Wheel

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 10:44:03 PST 2004

Troy,
Also you said it was a '53, but wouldn't that mean it must be a gas
then?  I've never heard of loose flywheels on a gas and I just assumed
yours had to be the fabled 7-series diesel.
The procedure Duane is referring to is what I understand to be an
insanely heroic procedure.  The bars the people put on those nuts
simply amaze me that the bolts don't snap, leaving you in a far, far
worse situation.  But that's how they say it's done.
Another great resource is Mike Williams from Clinton, IA.  He installs
them too and is a reputed JD restorer/machinist in the area.
Steve