[Farmall] Tachometer

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 20 05:47:16 PST 2004

I've been looking for something similar, but everything I've found ran in the
$75 to $150 range.  Does it give a reading of the number of times the prop blade
passes, or is their a scale that changes the counts to rpm.  might have to do a
little calculation to get rpm from a tractor engine.

Robert L. Holtzer wrote:
>  From time to time there has been discussion of setting engine idle,
> etc.  Recently in a model airplane shop I saw a $25 tachometer that had
> an RPM range of 0 to 30,000.  It detected RPM from the propeller --
> apparently something akin to a strobe.  It would probably work off a
> painted mark on a crank pulley.
>
> Anyone have any experience with this type of equipment?
>
> Bob Holtzer

John
another one of them
*.?-!.* cub owners