[AJD] Re: Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 8, Issue 12 Burning #2 Diesel in an All Fuel JD

E. Thatcher ethatche at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 18:32:29 PST 2004

I was fascinated by the conversation on burning kerosene and distillate in the All Fuel JD's. I've always's owned Gas only versions and have only the experience of friends and aquaintences to go on. A couple of years ago I answered an ad for a 48 G. It turned out the origial owner had retired ten years before and but couldn't part with tractor until the time I called. Unfortunately (for me) another guy was coming for it but in the mean time the old fellow told me he the tractor had been overhauled and when I asked him if it had aluminum pistons and a gas manifold he gave me a definate "NO" on that and said he always made sure they overhauled it so he could burn  #2 Diesel. I suppose from that word of experience that #2 works just fine once the tractors up to operating temperature.

Eric Thatcher
Carrollton, IL

52 JD A