[AT] Fwd: Re: [MV] ebay..Mail Fraud

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 06:45:21 PST 2004

>>I would certainly support a network of people to file small claims in
>>court
>>for thieves and scumbags like that, -John

I'm not a lawyer but the idea above cannot work.  Let's say my neighbor here
in NC rips you off and you live in California.  I can't go into a NC court
and file a small claims suit on your behalf.  I do not have "standing" in
the case ,  I am not the harmed party, and I don't have a law license and am
not admitted to the bar to represent you.   The judge would laugh at me at
best or lock me up for practicing law without a license at worst.

It is a good idea if it would work but I'm afraid it won't.

Charlie