[AT] One additional wiring note

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 14:38:57 PST 2004

I got to know a fellow who rented homes in the poorer sections of Syracuse
NY about 10 years ago.  He had all of the usual problems, but found two sure
fire ways to help in collection and evictions.  First, find out who the
family's welfare lady is and have the rent deducted from their check.  They
are very glad to do that it turns out.

Secondly, if you need to evict someone, the most important thing to do is to
renovate all of the doors and windows.  It is amazing how fast they move out
when these items disappear from the house, and how long it can take to
refurbish those dilapidated items. The land lord has a right to maintain his
property - after  all.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H