[AJD] Question for Dean - It be std product

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Dec 9 01:38:08 PST 2004

Dennis:

Referring to eBay Auction # 3859151261

This is a fairly complete 800 version, not 800A or 801, of the 800 series
hitches. Then the seller has also added the optional and somewhat rare but
standard JD issue centering bar (DA5941A) between the lower draft arms
instead of using the anti sway chains. This is supposed to stop the hitch
draft arms, and the attached implement, from swinging from side to side at
all and lock them in the centerline of the tractor. It was used with some
specific implements such as corn planters, bedders, ditchers, etc.

Now the additional brace that has been added, from the centering bar to the
right draft arm, is also a standard JD product. It was used when hooking up
to a 200 or 850 series Integral Bedders in 2, 3, and 4 row models.  The two
flat bars that make up the extra brace have a part number of 32133A. This
extra bar provided extra stability to keep the Bedder centered. I have sent
you a picture of this item from the Parts Catalog to your private email
address.

There are so many permutations of the attachment bundles that JD sold to
make a given implement compatible with an 800 series hitch that during the
documentation of my research I had to draw the line at just the Centering
Bar. It took me several months to document just the 14 different Mast
Brackets that were used. I have since found more. Then to add insult to
injury, JD did not document the attachment bundles very well or at all.
I've spoken to JD Dealers of the 800 hitch and later era and they said the
multitude of different bundles drove them nuts. To be honest I gained a new
respect for the 800 hitches while doing my research but the 9 different
permutations of the hitch and all the various attachment options had to have
driven the factory and the dealer's nuts, much less keep the farmers totally
confused.

Once JD established the accepted standard three point hitch on the 20 and 30
series a lot of this nonsense went away. Thank God. But JD did a pretty darn
good job with its first, close to, conventional three point hitch.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com