[AJD] 1st Tractor

D. Fleming d.fleming at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 8 18:54:19 PST 2004

Hi Mike,

Before you try to start the "B" make sure the transmission is in Neutral and
I would pull the clutch lever back as well.  I can't over emphasize this too
much.  The first time I started my "H"   I pulled it and then shut it off by
turning the gas off.  I came back out after supper and wanted to see where
the magneto tripped to determine if there was any possibility of it trying
to run backwards.  I was turning the flywheel as slow as I could when the
mag impulse tripped and the engine started. It didn't run long but if it had
been in gear it would
have been a bad scene.  I had no idea that it would start that easily.
Think I may have had to go looking for clean shorts. The flywheel turns
counter clockwise.  Good luck.

Don Fleming
Kipling, Sask. Canada
<d.fleming at sasktel.net>