[AT] Wire size for welder?? Help welder people!

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Dec 8 08:41:59 PST 2004

I would run 6 gauge. Why? Because 10 gauge is what I run for 120V 20Amp
circuits. Honestly, all of my welder circuits are either 4 or 6 gauge
depending on the length and they NEVER get warm. This is not scientific, but
I tried a very long run at 6 gauge once and found I could not get the full
welder output. So I am sticking with one size up in wire size from the
charts and it always works safely and efficiently.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister Calfornia