[AT] Ford 8 N

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Dec 8 03:17:25 PST 2004

Let me comment by saying that the difference between a 1939 Ford and
either the '30 Pierce Arrow or '47 Cadillac can be described as opposite
ends of the economic spectrum. :-) If anyone ever put hydraulic lifters
in a tractor engine, I suspect it was long after the development of the
Ford N, and probably not pioneered by the Ford Motor Company. I write
this somewhat lightly, because the price competition in the tractor
business at that time pretty much forced manufacturers to eliminate
anything fancy like hydraulic lifters. I am sure that the tractor
history buffs among this group will come up with one or more examples of
such things - I am far from an authority on such matters.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)