[AT] Wire size for welder?? Help welder people!

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Dec 7 23:44:32 PST 2004

John,

I hope the following little table showing Load, Circuit Breaker and Wire
Size transmits in a readable fashion -

I took it from the NEC (National Electrical Code) probably 25 years ago but
I can't imagine it has changed.

Dudley Rupert
Snohomish, Washington

      Load     Circuit Breaker        Wire Size
=<15 amps      15 amp         Not less than #14
=<20 amps      20 amp         Not less than #12
=<30 amps      30 amp         Not less than #10
=<40 amps      40 amp         Not less than #8
=<50 amps      50 amp         Not less than #6