[AT] Ford 8 N

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 05:21:45 PST 2004

Hydraulic Lifters? The 8N has a flat head engine that was first used in
the 1939 9N. Hydraulic lifters weren't even dreamed of back then. :-) It
is pretty common for the lifters so wear out and not all that hard to
replace, once you remove the hood, manifold, head, etc. You need to buy
a pair of inexpensive special adjusting wrenches. And you might think
about replacing all of them if you go to all that trouble (and check the
valves out too). Just hope that you don't have to drop the oil pan, as
that required removing the front axle. Also, think about joining the
ATIS Ford-Ferguson list - there is at least on guy who can get Ford
parts for you at a pretty good discount.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)