[AT] Shop Toys For Christmas ?

dglass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Mon Dec 6 12:23:09 PST 2004

A couple of years ago my son was working for Williams tool co. division
of Snap-on tools as a computer programer.  He told me they were going to
have a tool sale and he thought the prices were going to be pretty
good.  I gave him a $100 bill and told him to buy me whatever that would
get and he agreed.  I talked to him a couple of days later and I asked
him if he got me $100 worth of tools.  He said it turned out that his
truck wouldn't haul $100 worth of tools . (I thought it was because he
had a Ford truck)  He gave me my $100 back and said he would just give
me the tools for Christmas.  He gave me sets of wrenches from 1/4 in to
5 inches.  (Did you know a 5 in wrench weighs 55 lbs.?) Piles of sockets
up to about 3 inches.  Half a dozen or so crescent type wrenches.
Several tool boxes, screwdrivers, flare nut wrenches, ratchets up to 1
inch drive.  He had to wrap up a couple of wrenches and after I opened
that, he backed his truck up and we unloaded the rest. The box end
wrenches I  now have about twenty of each size up to about 2 inches.  So
far, one 5 inch wrench has been enough. It was an exciting Christmas for
me. Unfortunately, he left that job for more pay. I thought about
subsidizing him to stay, but too late. It was good while it lasted.