OT: Gasoline fill-up [again] (was Re: [AT] Subdivision Development

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 03:35:32 PST 2004

The only problem I have ever had with an attendant was when one didn't
tighten the cap all the way. The "check engine" light came on shortly
afterwards, and I feared that I had something wrong with my engine.
Fortunately, I recalled hearing of someone with a similar problem and
found the loose cap. But it took almost a week for that light to go out.
It was no use yelling at the attendant, since he didn't speak English.
Now I make sure I listen for the "clicking" when they finish the fill,
and if I don't think I heard it, I get out and check.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)