[AT] Subdivision Development

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Dec 3 17:58:24 PST 2004

These states, cities, counties are going to get there money somehow. Walt
lives in a state that doesn't have a state sales tax but does have an income
tax. I live in a state that has one of the highest state sales taxes but no
state income tax.

Out county assessors are limited to a % of assessed value relative to taxes.
If they can't survive on that limitation they just raise the assessed
valuation. It's all a game. Sooner or late the home values will be so high
working folks won't be able to afford them and retired folks will have to
move out because the taxes are too high.

Sooner or later it will all get corrected by market forces.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com