[AJD] DLTX-10 Rebuild vs Replace

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 17:35:34 PST 2004

Spencer,

   Thanks for letting me know it is John Parks,  I
have dealt with him on the Caterpillar side of my
addictions,  and most certainly would trust him to put
out a good pruduct.

    Dean and Dee,

    I consider my self to pretty mechanically adept,
and I have a Bead Blaster..  I have 5 carbs on my work
bench right now, as well as a few magnetos,  Two A
heads and blocks,  a D2 head,  4 JD starters,  and 3
Cat Generators...  This carb is ugly engough that I
just don't want to mess with it all that much.  I am
up to about $230 in parts and labor by what I would do
looking at Robert's website,  and I am sure he would
replace more..   So the $300 for the reman looks good
to me,  and a lot quicker.

    I also noticed that Yesterdays Tractors has
remaned DLTX10's for $250..  Aren't they affiliated
with Jensales in some fashion or another?  Anyway,
thanks for all the input.

                         Chris