[AJD] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Dec 2 07:55:55 PST 2004

I have the Hobart Handler 175 - the smallest 220V they sell.  I like it and
use it alot.   I have only had this one about 3-4 years.  My MIG training,
such as it is, was on Millers and I think these small Hobarts compare
favorably to the small Millers.  I certainly don't miss the Miller.

Gas shielding is required for welds that are worth a toot on sheet metal so
be sure to get the gas set-up - usually an extra cost but does come as part
of the set-up on some - like the bigger 220V ones like like mine.

BTW, Tractor Supply will run a sale on big ticket tool items from time to
time.  I bought mine there on sale, then got an additional 10% off by
applying for their credit card.  I then got 6 or 12 months no
interest/payment after that(free money!!!).  I mention this because the
sale I bought it at was at the end of the year so maybe if you wait a few
weeks???

Hope this helps,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS