[Ford-ferguson] TO-20 for snow plowing

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 03:42:48 PST 2004

Daley Family wrote:
> Bob-
> Mike is correct- the Ferguson/Fords were designed specifically as pulling
> machnes but they will push a blade backwards, until you hit a hidden object
> (like I did) such as a rock or tree root and bend your blade.  Worse-you
> could do damage to the hydraulic system or even break a lift arm.  I learned
> the hard way-now I just pull and it take3s longer but I know I'm safe.
>
> Hey Mike-what year is your 860??? I'm looking for a '56.
I don't know what year mine is, as it appears that a battery had cracked
and leaked acid all over the spot on the clutch housing where the serial
number was. I can just barely make out the "860", but the serial numbers
are illegible. I just assume for discussion's sake that it is a '56, as
the number appears to start with a "1" and looks to be 6 digits.
Frankly, there were not all that many made and so few changes over the 4
years that it really makes no difference what year it is.

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)