[AJD] Aftermarket VS Mother Deere

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Dec 1 12:59:53 PST 2004

Chris:

Unfortunately JD doesn't sell or stock many of the old two cylinder parts
anymore. And the ones they do sell have gone up in price dramatically but
with some notable exceptions which you have discovered such as rings. I
suspect both of us have access to the same two local JD dealers, Barnett
Implement in Mount Vernon and Snohomish. Since JDParts shows a price, the
rings may not be in our local dealers stock but they can be ordered from the
JD Portland regional warehouse with overnight delivery. And if Portland
doesn't have them JD will ship them for any regional warehouse that does
have them in stock. However, the dealer may charge you for the extra freight
to get them here overnight. If you are willing to wait for their normal
weekly stocking order there won't be any extra freight added. I believe both
Mount Vernon and Snohomish place their weekly stocking orders on Monday.
Notice that Sumner, Lynden and the Abbotsford JD dealers don't have them in
stock either.

I suspect Greg Stephen would probably have the JD rings in stock.

I don't have an answer for you on the generator but I would be very
cautious. In my experience, whenever JD makes a substitution on the part
number there is a very good chance the part has changed as well. I wouldn't
depend on any answers you get on this subject from Mount Vernon or
especially the Snohomish personnel since Roger has retired.

I suspect Greg could answer this question though.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com