[Farmall] IH Hy-Tran Fluid

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 05:51:24 PDT 2004

Thanks to all for your comments. I must admit that I never realized
that the lubricant weight for gear oil was based on a different scale
then motor oils. Perhaps I had heard that at one time, but I sure did
not recall that piece of information over the years. The other points
about additives and heat and moisture are good to keep in mind also.

Friday I stopped at the local IH dealer and purchased a gallon of IH
Hy-tran to use in the transaxle of the International Spirit of '76
Cadet. As long as the transaxle does not leak, that should last me for
about four years as the specification is for one quart.

      Regards,
                           Art