[Farmall] IH Hy-Tran Fluid

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Fri Aug 27 06:53:02 PDT 2004

While I certainly agree with Carl that Hy-Tran is a
different than 80W-90 gear oil, his comment about 10 weight
oil reminded me that it might be useful to point out that
gear oils and motor oils use a different viscosity scale.
For example an 80 rated gear oil is equivalent in viscosity
to a 20 rated motor oil.  This link has a chart which
explains it:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/all/misc/all_oilfaq.html

Steve O.

From: "Carl Vavra" <cjvavra at tamu.edu>