[Farmall] cleaning solvents

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Thu Aug 26 11:04:00 PDT 2004

After reading all your suggestions I started checking around a little more.
I find that around here you can't even get carb cleaner in gallon
containers any more Nothing that is large enough to hold a dip screen or
tray.  I'm wondering about lacquer thinner or MEK. Doesn't it evaporate
quickly, unless in a sealed tank? And lastly, if you spray on oven
cleaner...lets say to a greasy casted part 1' by 1', how are you cleaning
it off? Where does all the gunk go?

bobcurrie
greenwood, CA