[AT] John Deere anniversary?

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 10:15:56 PDT 2004

Nothing like answering your own question. I found out
John Deere made the first plow in 1837. So 1937 was
the 100th anniversary for the Company. Then I just
found out the "Gold John Deere 4020 200th Anniversary
tractor by Ertl" is in celebration of John Deere's
birthday.

If someone knows different please let me know.

Thanks, Jim

--- James Yost <jnyost at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am interested in getting this straightened out in
> my
> mind. I seen on the RFD channel the "1937 Gold Leaf
> John Deere" which celebrated the 100th anniversary
> for
> John Deere Co. That in my mind says 1837 was the
> first
> plow John made. Is this correct?
>
> I was on EBAY and seen an "Gold John Deere 4020
> 200th
> Anniversary tractor by Ertl". Now my questions is I
> do
> not think it is 2037 yet is it? Ha Ha!!
>
> So what are the true 100th anniversary and 200th
> anniversary dates?
>
> Thanks in advance, Jim
>

> =====
> Jim and Janna Yost