[AT] John Deere anniversary?

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Tue Aug 31 08:31:13 PDT 2004

James

John Deere was born on Feb 7, 1804.  The model in question was done for
his 200th birthday...

Steve
--- James Yost <jnyost at yahoo.com> wrote:
I am interested in getting this straightened out in my mind. I seen on the
RFD channel the "1937 Gold Leaf D John Deere" which celebrated the 100th
anniversary for John Deere Co. That in my mind says 1837 was the first
plow John made. Is this correct?

I was on EBAY and seen an "Gold John Deere 4020 200th Anniversary tractor
by Ertl". Now my questions is I do not think it is 2037 yet is it? Ha Ha!!

So what are the true 100th anniversary and 200th anniversary dates?

Thanks in advance, Jim

=====
Jim and Janna Yost
Utica, Ohio