[Farmall] Farmall C question

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Tue Aug 31 06:14:24 PDT 2004

Not real familiar with a C, but on most of the old Ih tractors the ignition
power went through a fuse.  Might check it.

Did you check for a spark at the tower on the coil, or only after the
distributor cap.  If you have a spark at the coil but not at the plugs you may
have a bad rotor, cap, or wires.  If no spark at the coil then check for voltage
at the coil.  Get a test light or voltmeter and see where the voltage is being
lost to the coil.  With the ignition switch on you should see voltage at the +
terminal of the coil, and voltage pulsing at the - side as the points open and
close.

Kevin Bish wrote:

> I was using my C the other day when it just died. I checked for spark at the
> plugs and didn't have any, no spark from the coil either. Tried 2 more coils
> with no luck, the last coil I tried was off of my Super M which I know it
> works fine. Could it be the condenser maybe?The points look to be fine also.
> Doesn't appear to have any wires loose or grounding out. It has a 12 volt
> generator charging system. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin.

John
another one of them
*.?-!.* cub owners