[Farmall] a few question

craiger.mon at verizon.net craiger.mon at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 11:30:52 PDT 2004

My wife's grandfather is preparing for a sale this fall. We've been working through his family's years of accumulated stuff. A few questions have come to mind...

1) I'm going to try to buy his 1947 Farmall B. The family says that it always had problems starting if it gets any kind of moisture around it. They even built a little "rain shield" over the distributor etc...cut the sheetmetal and attached another sheet angled outward...grrrrr. They said that if it even sat outside for a bit when there might be dew on the ground it won't start until it drys out. Is this something peculiar to B's? What could it be other than a cracked distributor cap? He's not a mechanic, but I know he's tried that route.

2) I bought his 1951 M a year ago. He just bequeathed to me the original heat houser. If I got a hair up my rear at some point and wanted new canvas put on it, it there anyplace to get this done that you guys know about?

Sorry for the long windedness and thanks in advance for your help.

Craig