[Farmall] IH Hy-Tran Fluid

Kurt Musgrave rvar at plainstel.com
Sat Aug 28 10:48:11 PDT 2004

All this talk about oils got me thinking.  Something I have noticed is on
hydroswing swathers, of  which all use almost the same Sundstrand or Cessna
motors and pumps.   Some call for some kind of special Hydrostat Oil
(Deere), some want ATF, some call for Hy-Tran type oil (IH and most others),
and on my Hesston 1014+2 which isn't all that old it specifically calls for
only 20W-20 ENGINE oil in the hydrostatic unit.  So...I've pretty much come
to the conclusion that about any oil is good, as long as there is OIL in
there.

Kurt