[Farmall] cleaning solvents

BIRDDOG cvill at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 23 19:09:27 PDT 2004

If that carburetor cleaner is the same as it was 40 years ago, Mark, it
contains lye.  A mechanic friend soaked the bowl from a 4 bbl Rochester carb
off my '56 Pontiac one time.  He left it a little too long in the cleaner.
When he raised it out to rinse, it had a larger than one inch hole burned
thru the bowl.  Powerful stuff.  Needless to say, the carb had to be
replaced.

Charlie V.