[AT] Pitman rivets?

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Aug 18 10:25:49 PDT 2004

Larry,

Many years ago we had a need for a lot of special rivets and we made them.
It was a carefully controlled process using a stack of steel plates of the
correct thickness with closely fitting holes to grind the blanks to correct
length.  Then, a thinner stack was used as a holder with the correct length
projecting.  The heads were formed using a .401 shank rivet set in an air
chisel.  The finished rivets were easily punched out.  It wasn't nearly as
complicated as it must sound.

It's often easier and faster to simply make the odd bit of hardware than it
is to find it ready made.

George Willer