[AT] Concrete Slip Forms

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Aug 14 05:07:00 PDT 2004

George,  about 25 years ago I worked as an engineering tech for the chief
engineer on a large industrial construction project.  The chief engineer was
an older guy who had worked construction jobs all his life.  He worked on
some of the big dams out west.  I can't remember which one but one of them
is built of cast in place concrete.   Charlie (the engineer) told me that
they hauled the cement/stone/sand mixture onto the dam in big (terex type)
dump trucks where it was spread in layers, then water trucks sprayed water
on it and rollers compacted it.

I'd like to find out more about it but I just can't remember which dam it
was any longer.

Charlie