[AT] OT Concrete Slip Forms

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Aug 14 06:54:56 PDT 2004

On 8/14/2004 at 8:07 AM charlie hill wrote:
>they hauled the cement/stone/sand mixture onto the dam in big (terex type)
>dump trucks where it was spread in layers, then water trucks sprayed water
>on it and rollers compacted it.

This is done when you need something better than soil but don't necessary
have to have concrete.   The oldtimers here used to much the same thing by
mixing cement with soil.  They then watered in place or maybe not even
water it - let ground moisture do it.  They did this for building floors
(dust control), stone wall footings, post holes, etc.  BTW, some of my old
buildings's structural posts and fence posts had their holes filled with a
soil/concrete mixture.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!