[AJD] Plow wheel removal

Duane Ledford dledford at classicnet.net
Fri Aug 13 21:34:45 PDT 2004

Dennis,

Got off lucky this time.(for once) Plow appears to have been shedded most of
its life. No real heavy rust, paint mostly intact, and decals still
readable. Don't know if original or older restoration. Can tell that wheels
have been repainted, but not sure about frame. Due to restoration of
equipment has only become popular in recent times, it may be a good bet that
it is original. Anyway, I'm torn between stripping it down and re-painting,
or leaving as is. Tire on the wheel that I was removing was totally shot and
needed to be replaced. Could have been done  while still on plow, but I
thought it would be easier to take the wheel off. (Teach me to think)

Seems like I have seen the pics before, but didn't remember the movies. Some
good footage of plowing. Looks like you did a good job on  that plow. Was
sure turning the soil. I enjoy plowing our garden and sometimes wished I had
more acerage to plow. I suppose after several 8-10 hour days, the fun would
wear off.

Duane