[AT] RE: UNDERGROUND WIRE

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:47:48 PDT 2004

>Tell me why they can't put the same dirt back in the ditch after  laying
>telephone wire in it. They are required to use gravel and pack it in. the
>ditch
>is 1 ft. wide and 3 feet deep and is in the bar ditch along side of the
>road.
>So what does the gravel do, you guessed it sells gravel.   anytime you come
>across some dumb law think about what big company is making  money on the
>deal.
>
>Walt Davies
>Cooper Hollow Farm
>Monmouth, OR  97361
>503 623-0460

Putting gravel or sand over utilities can be a good idea for future
excavations.  I used to be a backhoe operator and anytime I came up with
something like gravel, sand, different colored dirt I would stop to see
where it came from.  This often indicated that I was about to dig into one
of those utilities which were so "carefully marked".