[Ford-ferguson] Resistor & condensor 8N

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 12 19:06:08 PDT 2004

I don't know about the front distributor Ford tractor but on older Ford
cars and trucks the starter solenoid runs 12 volts to the coil when the
starter operates.  After the starter solenoid ceases operating, the in-line
resistor furnishes 6 or so volts for running.   [this is no doubt common
knowledge -- don't mean to insult anyone!]

Bob Holtzer