[Ford-ferguson] Resistor & condensor 8N

Moe Fretz moefro1 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 12:27:28 PDT 2004

All ignition systems run on 6 volts, that is more than 6 volts going
throught the points will burn them out.  That was no problrm with 6 volt
systems,  but with 12 vpolt systems the voltage must be brought down to 6
volts.
Sometimes that is done with the use of a ballist resistor to drop the
voltage. Other times the resistor is internal in the coil. I type that I
have seen the most of is the use of a ballist resister.
I do believe that ford supplies an original style coil that also has the
resister built in for use on a 12 volt system.

hope this helps     Moe.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.