[AT] My Portland request...

Bob Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 15:37:16 PDT 2004

Walt;

I tend to be a lurker, I've found that you usually learn more by
listening than talking and besides when your talking you can't hear
what's being said.

I have yet to make it out to Portland, I was hoping to join the group
this year, but a job change made that impossible.

But I think you need to lighten up just a little.

Farmer made a very REASONABLE request to all sides, both right, left and
those yet undecided,  that political view points not be discussed at the
Portland campfire.

He never mentioned his view of politics in the post, and I personally
don't care what his or your view about the current political situation is.

His request was that Portland was for the ATIS group to trade stories
and information about tractors, and politics had no place around the
Dotson inferno.

This certainly doesn't seem to me to be a request that takes away your
right to any view that you want to have be it political or otherwise.

And if you want to put stickers on your truck, tractor, your forehead or
anywhere else,  that would be your business.

But as a lurker and unfortunatly non Portland participant again this
year I for one think Farmers request was a good one.

I'm sure once you shake that burr out from under your saddle or where
ever it is and reread Farmers note you too will agree.

And just incase you feel I'm a new  to ATIS , you'll find that Elmo and
I go back to the Forsyth County days of ATIS.

Bob
rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Elmo 1948 Cub