[AT] another new shop

Bo Hinch mmco at cox-internet.com
Sun Aug 8 12:10:46 PDT 2004

Just my two cents worth, 5 years ago I poured a 30x40 slab 8" deep, did not
use any steel reinforcing but had fiberglass reinforcing put in at concrete
plant . The mix was 4500 hundred # .Was driving heavy equipment on it within
a week . Mounted a 12000 lb lift on it the second day and have never had a
problem with it yet .I was told that the rebar has nothing to do with
cracking, just holds it in place when it does crack . The fiberglass does
the same thing , just cheaper & easier.

Bo Hinch in sogy south lousiana ( ground gets hard with no rain in the
summer )