[AT] A wasteland on TV

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Fri Aug 6 05:45:49 PDT 2004

While I had lightning damage twice to the Big Ugly Dish, we have never
had a problem with the little one. One of the reasons may be that the
dish is plastic, not metal, and doesn't "attract" lightning. Also, the
only feed is the co-ax signal cable, where the BUD had power fed to the
positioning motor (and it stood in the middle of a field on top of a 12'
pipe buried in concrete). I don't know anyone who has had receivers go
bad, but I don't know all that many people with satellite receivers
either. The receiver and dish combination usually sells for about $100,
so I am not inclined to pay for a service contract (I don't buy ANY
service contracts or "extended warranties").

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
  -  George Santayana (1863-1952); US (Spanish-born) philosopher.