[AT] @!#%^% Trailer Wiring

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Fri Aug 6 03:23:07 PDT 2004

The "chassis cabs" come to a local dealer from Ford, and then they are
sent out for installation of the box bodies. I would suspect that the
damage occurs when the bodies are installed.

Mike

Doug Tallman wrote:

> Len, one of the accounts I service has a fleet of F350 box trucks. They use
> the factory trailer harness for power to the box. On these, the blue and
> the orange are hot all the time. They seem to have a problem where the
> harness runs behind the cab. There's a harness coming down out of the
> driver's side rear corner that Ts into the harness running frt to back
> along the frame rail. I find a lot of the blue and orange wires broke in
> that area for some unknown reason. Don't know if this will apply to you but
> it may be a place to look. Also those circuits are individually fused in
> the underhood fuse box. Even separate fuses for rt/lft brake and turn. Good
> luck!
>

>            Doug Tallman
>            dtallman at accnorwalk.com
>            VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director
>                Greenwich, OH USA

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Blog: <www.mikesloane.blogspot.com
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
  -  George Santayana (1863-1952); US (Spanish-born) philosopher.