[AT] @!#%^% Trailer Wiring

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Thu Aug 5 20:16:31 PDT 2004

>Also, factory wiring loom on my '95 F150 isn't labeled for an AUX power /
>trailer battery charge circuit.  It has a BLUE wire for brake, as it should,
>but an ORANGE and BLACK that are apparently neither grounded or hot at any
>time.  Another sigh...
>
>I don't know if I have a question or not, unless someone has ever fought a
>F150 of that era.  I'm just typing this instead of cussing.....

Len, one of the accounts I service has a fleet of F350 box trucks. They use
the factory trailer harness for power to the box. On these, the blue and
the orange are hot all the time. They seem to have a problem where the
harness runs behind the cab. There's a harness coming down out of the
driver's side rear corner that Ts into the harness running frt to back
along the frame rail. I find a lot of the blue and orange wires broke in
that area for some unknown reason. Don't know if this will apply to you but
it may be a place to look. Also those circuits are individually fused in
the underhood fuse box. Even separate fuses for rt/lft brake and turn. Good
luck!

           Doug Tallman
           dtallman at accnorwalk.com
           VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director